Made it to London!
So I'm in London. I love this city. So fabulous. The flight over was OK although there was this annoying girl who pushed her seat all the way back, elimating some of the extra leg room that British Airways promises you.
My attempts to get into the city were not so smooth. First the underground was not working between Heathrow and whatever station, so I had to take the Heathrow Express which was really dear at £13. Then I had to drop off my luggage at my friend Sharon's aunt's cafe. Dragging a heavy suitcase around the underground is not fun!! I thought I was going to fall over. Such a nightmare. Why not call cab? They're so expensive and I was already out the £13.
Afterwards I went to Greenwich and went to the Royal Observatory and the Cutty Sark. I had a good time there. Finished early and had two hours to kill. So I just sat outside by a fountain and people watched. Honestly, it's not as boring as it sounds. Met up with Sharon and Lisa for dinner at Canary Wharf and went out for drinks after. Had a great time. I had a good sleep although my muscles are dead sore. I was supposed to go to Windsor Castle today. But firstly, I woke up at 11 am, so half a day is gone. And secondly, I'm so tired I don't think I'd be able to appreciate it. So I'm going to have to give it a miss this time. But I have no doubt that I'll be back soon enough to see it. Maybe around Christmas.
I think we're just going to hit the shops and go out for dinner. And then I'm off to Dublin tomorrow. I should have stayed in London longer!! Bad planning on my part. But do you know what? I'd spend too much money, which I can't afford to do. Not looking forward to having to drag my suitcase around London and to Dublin.
My attempts to get into the city were not so smooth. First the underground was not working between Heathrow and whatever station, so I had to take the Heathrow Express which was really dear at £13. Then I had to drop off my luggage at my friend Sharon's aunt's cafe. Dragging a heavy suitcase around the underground is not fun!! I thought I was going to fall over. Such a nightmare. Why not call cab? They're so expensive and I was already out the £13.
Afterwards I went to Greenwich and went to the Royal Observatory and the Cutty Sark. I had a good time there. Finished early and had two hours to kill. So I just sat outside by a fountain and people watched. Honestly, it's not as boring as it sounds. Met up with Sharon and Lisa for dinner at Canary Wharf and went out for drinks after. Had a great time. I had a good sleep although my muscles are dead sore. I was supposed to go to Windsor Castle today. But firstly, I woke up at 11 am, so half a day is gone. And secondly, I'm so tired I don't think I'd be able to appreciate it. So I'm going to have to give it a miss this time. But I have no doubt that I'll be back soon enough to see it. Maybe around Christmas.
I think we're just going to hit the shops and go out for dinner. And then I'm off to Dublin tomorrow. I should have stayed in London longer!! Bad planning on my part. But do you know what? I'd spend too much money, which I can't afford to do. Not looking forward to having to drag my suitcase around London and to Dublin.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home